PDA

View Full Version : Boston Habbah Sunday

wasabi
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Anybody go out on Sunday? Looks and feels like fall but the fish don't seem to believe it just yet. (At least in the inner harbor areas)

Any day now?

BrantRocker
08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I was having truck trouble on Sunday so wasn't able to put the boat in the water. I did take my usual walk down to the beaches in Weymouth and the amount of bait was incredible last night. There was occasional bait jumping out of the water like they were being chased and a few kids jigging up alot of bait from the marina. I agree its about to go off any day now

BigK
08-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I can;t believe you are missing the feeds. Just like the man said the fall run is on. Look fo rthe birds from the constituion out into the main harbor. You have to go during a tide change........water flowing = fish feeding

wasabi
09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Maybe I was on the wrong side of Long Island. Very quiet around Georges, back side of Long Island and Spectacle.

Will give it a shot on Wed. My kid is just itchin' to cast!

bostonfisher
09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I was out there on Monday. Ran into the first blitz of Blues I've seen all year. Took me by surprise a lost a jig before I figured out what the hell was going on :)

They were further out near the outer islands and good sized. Lots of birds and this was in the early afternoon. I've been finding the fish in the Haba have been out a bit deeper in the channels lately. We also got a nice bass on a tub 'n worm around one of the islands.

BigK
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
way to go bf

MarkO
09-02-2009, 08:53 AM
last thursday there was a nice bluefish blitz just south of pemberton pier about 3 PM. on sunday, there was no surface activity to be seen, but the gut was holding some fish deep - boat traffic was an issue trying to drift through there on the incoming tide. hangups on ghost gear are an issue in the gut as well.

wasabi
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Out here now with my son, sharing a sandwich and waiting for the tide to turn. Calm as a swimming pool out here...

in_the_water
09-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Out last night......only picked up a few shorts. Saw one quick surface feed and got tight on one of those Sebile Magic plugs. It was my first time using them and very disappointed that one of the hooks was bent on a mid 20inch bass. (#$119)

Nice night out on the water but not much on the surface. We did mark a lot of fish but no luck getting them to bite.

JJB
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I will be heading out in a few hours to give it a shot. Give me a shout if you want to swap intel. JB on 68
Tight lines!

Double Hall
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I will be heading out in a few hours to give it a shot. Give me a shout if you want to swap intel. JB on 68
Tight lines!

I wish I was heading out now... I'm out of Hingham, but probably won't be out until tomorrow night, or the weekend.

2 of the last 3 trips resulted in keepers, but all only a few fish caught, and all early morning.

Slappy
09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
2 of the last 3 trips resulted in keepers, but all only a few fish caught, and all early morning.

I'm finding fewer fish, but much better quality in the last 3 weeks. The big fish seem to be spooking the smaller ones off. Not surprising though, last year I had a 24" fish get nailed at my yak by 2 much larger bass.

wasabi
09-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Went out in time to see both sides of high tide but couldn't find any surface action. We worked a few shallows rips and typical rock areas but didn't see a thing.

Tube and wormed our very, very secret spot and pulled a 28 striper. Long and skinny fella. Clearly has not been eating much lately.

Nelly
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Tube and wormed our very, very secret spot and pulled a 28 striper. Long and skinny fella. Clearly has not been eating much lately.

probably have the pogie seiners to thank for that!:rolleyes:

http://www.reel-time.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68958

Slappy
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Keep at that secret spot. If you aren't distracted by breaking fish and target the larges, you will find that they are there. I have not been seeing skinny fish...

Double Hall
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Keep at that secret spot. If you aren't distracted by breaking fish and target the larges, you will find that they are there. I have not been seeing skinny fish...

Wish I knew YOUR secret spot. I'm not sure mine is much of a secret, but I usually get something, and usually not competing with others.

mogul.. a dog
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
taking a busman's holiday tomorrow early AM. Will be tossing the yak in by the sugerbowl around 5:30 am.....any bird action in the harbor today? It does have the feel!

Double Hall
09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
taking a busman's holiday tomorrow early AM. Will be tossing the yak in by the sugerbowl around 5:30 am.....any bird action in the harbor today? It does have the feel!

I didn't see a single bird doing anything this morning. 1 landed fish early on, nothing anywhere for the next 6 hours.