PDA

View Full Version : The Weather

bonefishdick
09-06-2009, 12:41 AM
The weather has been Great lately but are we ever going to see a South West wind again, the forecast for next week does not look like it. Unable to fish some favorite spots and it is getting frustrating

Nelly
09-06-2009, 07:15 AM
5 footers at the Boston buoy this morning - blowing 20-25.....:eek:

where did that come from?!

HatTrick
09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Drove down to Gooseberry Neck in Westport for a "coffee cup scout" this morning. Very windy, there was a little calm water on the river side but no chance for fly rodding. There were a few boats out and I couldn't see any pods of fish with the binos.

bdowning
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I was pretty irritated when I got down to the Canal at 3:30 AM only to be greeted by a strong ENE wind. Either I wasn't paying enough attention to the forecast or they just plain blew it. Borderline unfishable in jigging mode.

-bd

Double Hall
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I was pretty irritated when I got down to the Canal at 3:30 AM only to be greeted by a strong ENE wind. Either I wasn't paying enough attention to the forecast or they just plain blew it. Borderline unfishable in jigging mode.

-bd

They blew it. A lumpy day out there for sure today. Wish I had slept in.

Is tomorrow supposed to be any better? I'm dying to catch my first striper on a fly.

Northern Spy
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Fished out of Westport in the AM. Yes, it did blow.
Quite a few boats around gooseberry, but few fish. A couple of blues only.
Water a bit murky still.

What is it with the weekends?

miken07
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Checked the weather forecast yesterday before I headed 1.5hrs down to RI to find some funny fish. Forecasted 10mph winds........ No way was it 10mph today. Chop and slop is no fun on the kayak.

Tom Kelly
09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Arrived at a spot in Quincy Sunday morning just before sunrise. When I got out of my car my hat blew off, when stringing up my rod it kept blowing over. Looked out to where I was going to fish and saw whitecaps that I knew would muddy up the water. Decided I was better off going home to have a cup of coffee and try again tommrow. Today was a much better day wind wise. Took one fish around 26in.

ShaneY
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I got up at 3 yesterday to be at the vineyard first light. I made it over but ended up spending the night rather than go back in solid 4's in an 18 ft boat. I did get my first albie today though so I guess getting stuck in the vineyard isn't a bad thing.--127-3- a totally blown forecast.

z-drive
09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
yesterday blew, litterally and figuratively. forecast for mass bay/the bank was for 3-5s, not too bad---for work. i hit deer island with solid 4's and then they got bigger and bigger through the north channel, by 7am i had a steady 25-30kt NE. call bs, but unless you were out there you wouldnt know. there were solid 7's with an occasional 10'. the B buoy doesn't give you the full picture.

i got the bag beat out of me, but its all in a days work i guess. today was nice, little swell out of the east but smooth otherwise. tomorrow is the only good day this week. going to blow out of the north, south, east all week.

Nelly
09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Yeah....looks like a repeat for tomorrow, Thurs, Friday....maybe into the weekend. Picked a nice week to take off...--124-3

wasabi
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Golf anybody?