PDA

View Full Version : New England Fly Rodders Meeting 1/12/10

OffshoreAngler
12-12-2009, 08:09 AM
If you're cold and bored....

2010 Speaker Preview

Here is a quick preview of the upcoming speakers for 2010. As usual, be sure to keep checking back here and in the club newsletter to get the latest and greatest information.

January 2010 - Capt. Mike Mathews: Cape Cod Bay - The Baits that Drive Fish Crazy!
February 2010 - Capt. Reilly McCue: New England's World Class Fishery
March 2010 - Annual Chart Night & Fund Raiser
April 2010 - Alan Caolo: Sight Fishing for Striped Bass
May 2010 - TBD
The club will also have fly tying sessions at First Light Anglers in Rowley, MA on the Saturday mornings following the monthly meeting:

January 16, 2010
February 13, 2010
March 13, 2010
April 17, 2010

January 12 Club Meeting - Capt. Mike Mathews

The January club meeting will feature Capt. Mike Mathews with a show entitled: Cape Cod Bay: The Baits That Drive Them Crazy! This presentation will focus on the changing baits in Cape Cod Bay from April to November. From Sand Eels to Half Beaks and everything in between, their abundance has strengthened both the Striper and Tuna fisheries. When, Where & What does is mean to you?

http://www.offshoreanglercharters.com/sitebuilder/images/Childrens-485x375.jpg

Mike Mathews owns and operates Offshore Angler Charters (http://www.offshoreanglercharters.com/) and specializes in the hunt for top water action and sight fishing to Cape Cod's best game fish.

OffshoreAngler
01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Bump....

Something to do on a cold January night!

bostoned
01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
How did the presentation go? I was planning on going to the meeting last night but my wife had something come up after work so I had to stay home with the baby which was fine but would have liked to hear/see the presentation.

OffshoreAngler
01-14-2010, 07:46 AM
It was a great time. About 50-60 people and it was good to talk some fishing when it was 14 degrees outside! The NE Fly Rodders are a solid bunch. If you're looking to join a club, this would be one of the most organized and dedicated to the fly.

bostoned
01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
I am a member. Just couldn't make the meeting.

I'll second your statement that the members are a great bunch of people. I went on some of the trips last year and had a fantastic time. We didn't even catch fish on one of the trips but I still had a great time. Learned a lot from some very experienced people.

Captcastafly
01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Those guys are nuts in a good way. Plenty of energy and goodwill. One of the friendliest bunches of fishermen Iíve come to know.

When I leave home, away from home, these guys make me feel at home.

Gadabout Guinea
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey!

You're making our heads big!:p

Thanks for the nice comments!

Mike, your talk has me convinced I'm spending some time in the bat this season!!

Chris