PDA

View Full Version : 950SSm drag

Wes
07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Seem to have almost nothing left after just a few. Wondering if I should get OE or look for after market replacements. Couldn't get much on 75-85 lb fish yesterday without palming the spool and after the trip measured max 7 lbs on a boga. Have left them with a friend for a year and think they've had the drag locked down the whole time so washers are probably compressed.

I think the OE are ok from what I've read but checking current opinions before I buy a few sets.

pametfisher
07-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Seem to have almost nothing left after just a few. Wondering if I should get OE or look for after market replacements. Couldn't get much on 75-85 lb fish yesterday without palming the spool and after the trip measured max 7 lbs on a boga. Have left them with a friend for a year and think they've had the drag locked down the whole time so washers are probably compressed.

I think the OE are ok from what I've read but checking current opinions before I buy a few sets.

The bottom washer is the one that matters. OE is carbon fiber, so is the small top washer. They are good quality. I believe Penn leaves them dry, I've tried both ways and get about the same result. Check for correct assembly. Without bottoming the cap spring, I usually get 15-16 lbs. max at full spool.

Wes
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks vm. We were talking about you actually. Went 1/6 with 3 break offs.