PDA

View Full Version : Rhody

NHA2005
09-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Fished the Wall this AM and it was real snotty. Water was like chocolate milk. Anybody been out this afternoon and can speak about the water quality?

browndog
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I didn't fish today ,but Fishers Island Sound was pretty brown. Probably going to take a few tide cycles to clear up.

TimSt.
09-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I was there yesterday too; nasty on the outside, but the inside looked very promising with the sheer amount of bait in there.

A buddy said it was still churned up this morning.

north coast
09-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I was there yesterday.(monday) Actually watched the water clear . There was a very clear defining line between clear water and brown water. I noticed it when it was about 1/2 mile out.you could watch the clear/clean water coming closer till finally there was just a thin band of silty water (30 FT or so) this took about an hour or so. interesting to watch. I'd say that from here on out the water there will be back to normal, till the next big blow. No sign of funny fish at all--124-3
Some very nice scup fishing there though;)

Thermoklein
09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I was at Point Jude first light Sunday morning with my kayak in tow but decided not to launch. Too rough even inside the HOR. I glassed the water extensively for a couple of hours and I did see some tern/bait movements that sure looked like funny fish to me on both sides of the lighthouse. But getting out there would have been at best difficult and at worst dangerous. I don't have another chance until next week so I hope the Alberts arrive before the bones depart. That would be a nice situation.

HeavyHookers17
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Too much dirty water up here also, and there's more wind to come....not good