PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of Fish for the Kids

Ron
09-05-2000, 10:09 PM
Thanks to those that posted last week when I asked for help finding fish for my daughter and her friends. The weather was real questionable every day so I didn't venture very far from the Kickemuit with my daughter. I found some bass in the MT Hope Bridge area and my dughter caught bass every day until she didn't want to reel them in anymore. We caught 40+ bass and one blue. The bass ranged 20-27" and averaged around 24". My daughter and one of her friends couldn't have been happier.

I did manage to get out with the fly rod on Sat AM. Caught one blue (7 lbs) and hooked a bass right beside the boat which took me into my backing before I lost it. A very wet but great weekend with my daughter. Thanks again to those that offered assistance.

Ronc

Ray
09-06-2000, 10:43 AM
Ron

Sounds like you had a great time. I fished the Bay myself this weekend and picked up my first blue on fly. I had a 30 minute blitz to myself and a friend on the beach at Potter's Cove in less than 1 foot of water.

Want to have some fun with a fly rod? Try snapper blues with a light rod, 4 - 6 weight, and most any small fly, size 6 or so. I was landing fish for an hour Monday morning. This is great for kids too.

Ray