Forum Navigation

Search

Old 02-13-2000, 06:54 PM

4x4 Beach Passes

Old 02-13-2000, 06:57 PM

RE: 4x4 Beach Passes

Sorry for the empty post.....hit the "enter" key by mistake. What is the process and time frame for obtaining 4x4 permits for some of the Cape Beaches and even the South Shore beaches? Any info would be appreciated!!
Old 02-13-2000, 07:28 PM

For NaUSET, u need a low pressure tire gauge, tow rope with hooks on it, plank for jack, a jack, spare tire same size as the tires on the buggy and a shovel. Also $140 for non resident permit (i think this is the amount) this allows u acess to the south end of Nauset only, the north side is resident only. but last year they closed the north side memorial day and opened it labor day.
The south side is the side we fished and there are some closures throughtout the season, depending on beach conditions and the piping plover nests.
Permits can be obtained at nauset parking lot, starting some time in april. Before that u will have to call the park department.
Old 02-13-2000, 07:50 PM
Administrator

For Sandy Neck. Chain/cable/strap/rope (1"diameter) 15' in length.
low pressure gage);
jack
board 18" X 18" X 1" (plywood ok);
Shovel
$80 for nonresident
$5 daily fee

Some closure for plover season
Old 02-13-2000, 09:22 PM

Geez Tony instead of paying the 140$ I will tag along with you and bait your hook in exchange for the ride. Why the difference in the costs of the permits? Is this stuff regulated by local park departments or Federal?
Old 02-13-2000, 09:57 PM

I believe Nauset is federal... but regulated by the towns of Orleans, and Chatham.
I live in orleans so I can drive to Nauset Inlet, which has not been easy .. even as a resident! Plovers and do gooders. U no ... there should not be buggies on the beach...
To seriously fish for bass, big bass, being able to move and cover some ground is a must.
Wanta go try for some cod ... I have a great beach spot just south of the old coast guard station that is about 6 miles from the bathing beach. Nice walk, especially in feb. around midnight lugging all the gear needed to catch one. (just an example);
Another option is to go by skiff, I tried that when the beach was closed... its really a pain, especially after working all day fishing till 1 am and being stuck out there all night because of fog. Wouldnt be bad if the fish were just in one area and didnt move, but when they do ... so do u.
Had a great meal with those perch tonight... they even smell like striped bass!
Old 02-14-2000, 08:17 PM
Dawn on CC Bay

Kirk,

A much cheaper alternative is High Head to Race Point in
Truro/P-Town. I'm guessing it's now a 60-65 $ per season permit fee (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Not sure when they go on sale, but you can call the CCNS office in Eastham and ask.

Cheapest alternative of all: do what us non-ORV owners do and thumb a ride on the beach. You'd be surprised how many will take you where you want to go.

-bd
Old 02-15-2000, 11:52 AM

Tony,
Is there any way one can get a pass for a specific week/time period? I'll be in Chatham the last week of July/1st week of Aug. and while I'd love to take the jeep to the beach the thought of an additional 140$ is a bit much when I know I wouldn't be using it again after that timeframe. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up this time.
PaulH
I fish....therefore I lie

P.S. Tell Lori she should check out www.classmates.com for RPHS
Old 02-15-2000, 06:53 PM

RE: 4x4 Beach Passes Paul

Hi Paul,
No, there is no such thing for Nauset.
The permit for the season at the Race is alot less money and the fishing is very good.
Look forward to seeing u when your out this way.
Found a cove with open water tonight. Trout watch out!