Forum Navigation

Search

Old 02-03-2005, 10:45 AM

Location: Oshawa, Ontario Canada on the north central shore of Lake Ontario
Action "Ultimate Silversides"

Hola gang,

Well, can't keep from playing around with this pattern. That's why I haven't posted the recipe yet. What I can tell you is that the materials list consists of pearl and silver small mylar tubing...5 min devcon epoxy...a Mustad 4007 hook...sick-on 3D prismatic eyes...permanent marker...a paperclip?...3/O mono thread and last but not least...metalic duct-tape (thats what the head/gills/stomach sack are represented by.

This new version I call the "Action" USS because the entire fly is not coated in epoxy...just the head and body cavity...the mylar tubing from ribcage to tail tips is left au-naturale! Now the front end of the fly has the "Look" and the back end of the fly has the "waggle". This version is also alot lighter than the one I showed you yesterday (I'll still tie that one for toothy critters). I gave up on simulating a realistic tail as it's just a pain in the a__ to make and I doubt the fish care.

Right now, I just wish I was someplace warm where I could give it a try on some finned judges.

Talk soon folks and tight loops!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Nice work, both look great.