Forum Navigation

Search

Old 02-02-2009, 06:50 AM
New Reel-Timer

Cozumel fishing guides

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reasonable flats guide in the Cozumel area? I'm looking for 1 or 2 days of fly fishing at the end of Feb. and would appreciate any info or advice regarding your experiences .

Thanks

Terry
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM

I fish with Albert Euan many times every year. His email is alberteuan@hotmail.com
Albert's dad is Nacho and they are far and away the most knowledgeable bonefish guides on Cozumel.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Royston View Post
I fish with Albert Euan many times every year. His email is alberteuan@hotmail.com
Albert's dad is Nacho and they are far and away the most knowledgeable bonefish guides on Cozumel.
I don't know how you can say that Jim. I fish with Alex Euan every year, and the only 2 times I was able to compare notes with other fishermen fishing the same day, we saw and caught more and bigger fish than Nacho's clients.

On one of those days last year we saw Nacho in the morning when he poled his boat to within a few hundred feet of us, onto a flat where we catching some of nice fish. He then started his motor, revved it, traveled about 50' then shut it down and poled off the flat. . Obviously he spooked the fish off the flat with that stunt - as was his intention.

I would not hire that POS if the trip was for free.

Last edited by RogerStg; 02-02-2009 at 09:18 AM..
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 AM

I fish with Albert, not Nacho.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Skeeterjeff

I would 2nd Alejandro (Alex) Euan [alexe17@prodigy.net.mx] as a top notch guide

Fished with Alex for years now and he is really good at putting you on fish. A couple of months ago, he was already booked for one of the days available for me to fish. I will not name names, but I only caught 1 fish that day. He poled and waded like it was a race, spooked every fish we came close to.

Alex would be my choice, hands down.

Skeeterjeff