Forum Navigation

Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Reel-Timer

Dorchester Bay 10/3/05

Fished at work (when I could). Birds and fish everywhere. At 2:30, fish were picky, but after trying metal and rubber without success, tied on a popper and landed a 30" bass. Several more fish landed, then off to work for a bit.

At around 4:30, fish went off 50 yards from my boat, snuck away from work again and managed one more fish - a little smaller, but quite fat.

Got another break at 5:30ish and the fish were going off - really going off now. I had two kids in my boat - one who could cast, one who had never fished. They fished the spinning rod, I took out the fly rod. We only had half an hour before we had to head in, but they each got fish (the girl who had never fished before learned to cast also) and I managed 3 on the fly in between landing and releasing their fish.

Great afternoon at work! Largest fish was 30" - most were 26"ish. All were really fat. Lure of choice was a white pencil popper, fly was the one I had tied on - it was a white baitfish looking fly with some rabbit and a little flash and big eyes.

gcw