Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Tuna and Offshore

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 PM

08/16 I.O.S. Boone Jeffries and a little help from Tuna Hunter

Got OTW a little later than I would have preffered but I needed to get a little sleep. Ran north past Boone, didn't see a thing, and decided to head east. I got in touch with Tuna Hunter on the radio and he hooked me up with numbers where he was seeing a least a few fish. Ran on the numbers and had one school pop up right in front of the boat. They disappeared as quick as they had shown. As we continued doing the slow patrol the motor quit I thought I fouled a plug but it just didn't feel like it was turning over right. Made the early decision to get an assist on the way before it became any kind of trouble situation. The weather was beautiful with minimal swell. The cell had zero signal and I was unsuccessful reaching the CG on 9 or 16. I got back in touch with Tuna Hunter and he was kind enough to relay to CG for me. A short conversation with CG and I had SeaTow on the way. A short while later it fired and ran. Headed to port, kept the CG up to speed, and confirmed our safe arrival. Not the most fun day but it confirms the need to be heads up with the forecast and have contacts OTW. Thanks again for the help Tuna Hunter. I'll get this ironed out and hit it another day.