Forum Navigation

Search

Old 03-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Unhappy Ryders Cove/ Sesuit

Last I heard, Ryders Cove was going to severly restrict nonresident parking, $20 per day-ouch- and a limit of 40 daily passes. How about an update on this?

Options for fishing in Chatham are all bad: move to Chatham, or if that is beyond your budget, launch at Barn Hill and help the Arabs by burning a lot more gas and make the run around Monomoy.

Also, what is the status of the east side ramp in Sesuit, last info was this ramp was going to be closed until at least July for repairs and expansion.

I'm in Brewster, so if this is true, friendly boating options for mid Cape trailer guys go from ok to horrible. Bayside- Barnstable or Pamet. Ocean- Town Cove and run Nauset inlet, or burn gas and go around Monomoy. Tell me something good.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Talking

Maybe, as you are buring all that gas to get to the fishing grounds you will personally help speed up global warming, resulting in rising sea levels, that will in turn help re-open the Southway.

Therefore my recommendation is buy a big center console, find some big oil buring two strokes to hang off the back and get busy boating (fishing only allowed if you are high speed trolling)
Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Well at least Barnstable will be better this summer than last with the repairs to the bulkhead complete. They have reconfigured the area at the end where people often parked, so I'm not sure where I'll be having friends park when I take them out. Was no able to do much of that last summer.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Here's what I found:

Chatham's Ryder's Cove fix moves forward - - Wicked Local Chatham http://www.wickedlocal.com/chatham/a...#ixzz1KU5opMZN
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM

ricochet,

I'm in the same boat; live in Harwich, have been using the ramps at Sesuit east side and Ryders. It's going to be tough this summer. I went down & talked with Dennis harbormaster yesterday, and he said "July." He also said the west side Sesuit parking for trailers always fills up really early. Don't know the latest on Ryders. Might focus on freshwater this summer.......

Steve
Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 AM

ricochet, Bay side -> Eastham side of Rock Harbor. Either go out for 2 - 3 hours each side of high tide (4 - 6 hours total) or out for 7 - 8 hours over low tide.

Last edited by Heavy Traffic; 10-09-2011 at 08:16 AM..