Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Fly fishing for redfish/boat rental in Charleston SC

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm new to the site and am looking for info on fly fishing in the Charleston SC area. I will be travelling down from Nova Scotia for a few days towards the end of February. I don't think I'll have time for a guide as I don't know when I'll be able to get out but was wondering if there are any easy to access spots for reds? I'm going out on a limb as I'd love to catch something but have never fished the salt. Would it be better to rent a boat and get out with someone else? I'm told that crazy charlies (any shrimp fly) and bright clousers are the way to go. Any advice across the board would be great. I'm certainly willing to reciprocate if anyone needs info on fishing in Ontario, Alberta, BC, NWT or Nova Scotia.

Tightlines,

Jim
Old 02-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Jim,
That's a good area for Reds but, if your going to be there for the first time, you would do well to consider a guide. I'm sure there are others but would suggest you contact Scotty Davis at Low Country Fly Shop. Top guide, boat, equipment and fun to fish with. Located in Mt Pleasant check ouit: www.lowcountryflyshop.com

This and other original paintings and fine art prints of fishing and marine subjects may be seen on my website
http://bill-hubbard.fineartamerica.com/