Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > Florida

Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 AM

You are going to love the Nautilus NV! I am on their program too and have been using it bonefishing (Bahamas) for about a year now...super smooth and linear and good looking too. I went with the NV10/11 with the Giga 8 spool for my NRX and it is the best bonefish rig in my quiver.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:23 PM

you got me shaking sweet & salt! stop...stop I beg you...I need about $100 more and I am all over that reel like a cheap suit...I did fish today after all and kicked butt and rebooked him for Sunday to begin immediate purchase of 7/8 reel but tomorrows customers will launch reel #1 on the TCX 9wt
Old 03-10-2012, 08:04 PM

NV is smooooooth...9wt TCX with 8/9 NV is sweet harmony
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Since you guys are talking about Florida made reels, here's one I got for a great price for my daughter who will be coming down here for tarpon season after graduating from college this spring. The first picture is the color when I bought it - fluorescent lighting. The second is what it looks like in the sunlight. The fly shop sent it to Nautilus for me to get the wind changed to RH and I thought they screwed up and sent the wrong spool back when I opened it downstairs. But it turned red in the incandescent light in the house.

It's an NV 11/12. That spool is the G9. The full 12 wt spool is black.

I will be keeping it down here for safekeeping for her, of course (along with the rod) . It's a very smooth reel.

Cheers,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	not_kidding.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	18036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steph's_12wt.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	18037  

Last edited by wjc; 03-10-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 AM

SWEET!!! they do lots of killer custom work
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM

I think I am closing in on cracking the code on the snook in the canals...came closer today than ever before to sealing the deal...had a monster nose my fly totally out of the water but didnt open its mouth...I had to take a knee on that one! easy 30lber....seem biggest fish I have ever seen off the flats today, had to be BLACK DRUM IMO due to brutal size...I literally ran 1/2 mile chasing it and got good extended view and took several shots but the jacks wouldnt let it be...blasted some jacks out of spite to test out new reel...I shall return!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMGP3257.jpg
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	18061   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3269.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	18062   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3285.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	18063  
Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 PM

again the canals were radical today...fished with Miguel Toro, local chiropractor and we seen plenty of big fish...I had issues today with experimental flys but I did have redfish eating the fly several times but design flaw prevented hooking up, easily fixed for tomorrow...Miguel blasted jacks on topwater most of the morning and each jack was bigger than the one before...more knee knocking snook rejections to finish off the day...tarpon, pompano, bluefish and black drum was also around in good numbers, actually I did get a few of those..all in all it was good to see Miguel lower the boom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMGP3303.jpg
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	18064   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3290.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	18065  
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM

well fishing was less than great on sunday on today...there were jacks caught but no snook and the reds were gone...pompano didnt eat and so on...today the canal for peacocks was dead to really bad everywhere...there were a few peacocks that could have been caught but werent...a few oscars saved the day....winter is over tonight...remember to balance raw egg to bring in good luck for spring...thank goodness for peacocks this winter, it saved me...truly ready to go when the winds die out...I will be back with new thread and hopefully lots of good fish pictures, perhaps maybe even a bonefish...thanks for following along and good luck out there...