Forum Navigation

Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Cpt. Of "My Lil Dinghy"

Wachusett

What is the deal with people fishing last weekend at Wachusett!?!? A co-worker of mine said he saw a ton of people fishing it and even the Rangers out in the boat. I hope they were giving out lots of fines! It does not open until this Saturday the 7th. I even called B&A to make sure it was not changed and the state just didn't update the website. Anyone else see this illegal activity going on?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 AM

Where were they fishing? And I have never seen rangers fishing from the boat.

But my truck is geared up for sat.

Bill
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Cpt. Of "My Lil Dinghy"

Rt. 70 side at the gates near the causeway.

No the Rangers were not fishing. They were just out in the boat, hopefully finding all the poachers!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewmont3 View Post
Rt. 70 side at the gates near the causeway.

No the Rangers were not fishing. They were just out in the boat, hopefully finding all the poachers!
You mean the 110 side? I have heard of late fishing lately but not much early fishing. Years ago many locals would sneak in early and test the waters.

Then again they want people to fish out as many lakers as you can there. Through them in the bushes instead of releasing them.

Bill
Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Cpt. Of "My Lil Dinghy"

I talked with him again and he did mean the 110 side. He also said he saw a large family at the stone church fishing right out in the open. Another co-worker saw someone fishing off a point in the basin as well.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Years ago they had all kinds of cops there on opening day, and civilian spotters (who HATED fishing) w/ binoculars & 2 way radios turning fishermen in for all kinds of insignificant infractions. You would think they were going after terrorists! One year it was so krazy the Worcester T&G rushed down with there news van to do a story on it, but they were too late....all the fishermen left.

Yup' the same law enforcement agencies that can't seem to find any illegals here in Massachusetts.

Bill
Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Cpt. Of "My Lil Dinghy"

Ya that is ridiculous. That must have been before my time. I have heard of people ice fishing there in the coves years ago secretively as well. I think my cousin told me that some of my relatives used to do it!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:12 PM

It was ridiculous. There were State cops, and town cops, and I don't know how many different other MA agency cops all over the place. They would even go through peoples tackle boxes looking for lead sinkers (even if they weren't using them) etc.

Remember, these are the same clowns that can't find an illegal here in MA!

But the worse part was the civilian spotters, mostly from some PC hate group that the cops secretly coordinated with.

Bill
Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Cpt. Of "My Lil Dinghy"

How long ago was this? The lead ban was fairly recent in historical terms. I did have the cops inspect the contents of my cooler one time about 14-15 years ago. All they found to pick on me for was twinkies!

They can definitely find the illegals, the problem is that the governor and the president will not let them do anything about it.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
You mean the 110 side? I have heard of late fishing lately but not much early fishing. Years ago many locals would sneak in early and test the waters.

Then again they want people to fish out as many lakers as you can there. Through them in the bushes instead of releasing them.

I don't know JoshR personally but know he goes back a while on this site.

miami fishing charter boats