Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Fly Tying Forum

Old 12-29-2013, 01:59 PM

I got liquid fusion for Christmas!

I'm going to give this stuff a try mostly because epoxy flies yellow with time and I need something to take it's place to give me a good durable fly; but from what I've read it sounds like it takes a little more time to set up than 5 min. epoxy, with which I don't use a rotary fly drying thing. Do you need the rotary using liquid fusion? And are there economical options out there for a rotary? The hard as nails product is another option, but I want to check this stuff out first...happy holiday...ron
Old 02-27-2014, 07:13 AM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Drying Wheel

The liquid fusion cure time is a little longer than 5 minute epoxy in lager size batches but what I like about it is there is no premix each time you need some. Just use it right out of the bottle. It sets up clear and no stink like Sally Hanson if your inclined to go that way for head cement. Epoxy is usually for larger applications.

I know a number people who have made there own electric drying wheels by harvesting a small motor from various machines. That is to much work for me and I would not be surprised if you get a few suggestions on how to make one or if you like you can do what I did. The cost now is $44.99 plus shipping and worth every penny. Next to my vise this is the best fly tying investment I have made.

Go Cabelas and enter item number IK-318505 for the Stonefly fly/jig dryer. It is battery operated so your not limited by where you need to use it at your tying bench.