Forum Navigation

Search

Old 10-21-2015, 02:27 PM

Trout fishing

Friday morning a friend and I will be taking a trip out to the Westfield river to do some trout fishing before the season ends .We have a guide booked for the trip hope he can put us on some nice trout .We or should I say I have never been out on this river fishing so I am excited to fish the Westfield river I will post on the trip when I get back tight lines Any one been fishing the river lately thanks for any information you can share tight lines.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Have not fished it, but have enjoyed some white water canoeing on it.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:29 PM

Just got home from the Westfield river had a great day of fishing the total for the day caught and release fish or should I say trout were 50 + great to have a good guide that knew the river thanks Ken Elmer
Old 11-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Trout fishing tomorrow am

Tomorrow morning a friend and I are going to be fishing the Stillwater for Trout and Salmon .We also will fish the Wachusett Res for lake trout Tuesday night I will give everyone a report on how the day went . Hope to have some things good to say about the days fishing.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Tight lines! I love fishing the Stillwater. Curious about water level.
I met a guy over there once who had a wild way of fishing the res at night.
He would harness a frog on a hook, thump it on the head with a little bat
to stun it,and then float it out from the Quinny outlet on a cedar shingle. When he figured it was out in really deep water, he would jerk the line and froggy was off and runnin'!!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:51 PM

This is my report on the days fishing .The water level at the quinne was flowing good The information we got at B and A bait and tackle was that the fishing was fair on the Salmon run , We fished the quinne for a while and had no fish .So we tried the Stillwater river not much at the river water level was down and we saw one Salmon as we walked the river down stream .We went for breakfast and hit the main part of the Wachusett Res picked up one Laker on a deadly dick lure .Fished the Stone church area no luck so we packed up an called it a day .