Forum Navigation

Search

Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Sandy Neck by boat

Launched into BH. Game plan was to run the beach looking for birds working along the show and then finish the trip by removing my lobster pots for the season. Found some bird/fish activity with the harbor but did not fish it long. Out and across the sand flats heading east over a slight chop. Well slight for this boat. After several miles ran into a big flock of working birds well off the shore. Hook up was quick and a decent fight ensured to find it was a bluefish. Chewed through the line at boat side By the time I rerigged. birds on the shoreline were going nuts. These were stripers mostly in the upper teens and low 20's. Eventually there was me fishing them form boat and several people fishing from the beach. Much easier to stay with the fish as they moved from a boat then a 4x4 on the beach, and they were always with casting distance.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:35 PM

I spoke the guys on the beach when I took my dog for a walk. They were from New Hampshire and watched the tuna in the canal yesterday.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:48 PM

So that's what those were. I was on west and east ends yesterday and heard then saw large manimal splashing down inside canal. Saw 3 of them in 2 hours I was there.

John
Old 10-04-2017, 04:05 PM

Keep the reports coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Parsons View Post
Launched into BH. Game plan was to run the beach looking for birds working along the show and then finish the trip by removing my lobster pots for the season. Found some bird/fish activity with the harbor but did not fish it long. Out and across the sand flats heading east over a slight chop. Well slight for this boat. After several miles ran into a big flock of working birds well off the shore. Hook up was quick and a decent fight ensured to find it was a bluefish. Chewed through the line at boat side By the time I rerigged. birds on the shoreline were going nuts. These were stripers mostly in the upper teens and low 20's. Eventually there was me fishing them form boat and several people fishing from the beach. Much easier to stay with the fish as they moved from a boat then a 4x4 on the beach, and they were always with casting distance.
I enjoy reading the reports. Try to keep the boat fishing as long as you can this fall. That's a nice looking boat you have there, a few more pics would be great.
Tight lines