Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Hall of Fame

Old 06-12-2003, 02:29 PM
DIE HARD

bassbuster assawopsett isn't open however little and big quitatis are open to ONLY shore fishing my buddy went down there with large shiners and bagged a 14.9 pounder....
fish are massive from the years and years of herring there also has been massive pike been caught as well....if i were you i would give a shot....

later

jon h
Old 06-12-2003, 03:20 PM

I can remember making a mistake stopping at little quitatis one afternoon on the way back from a pond in Rochester. I didn't realize it was off limits back then, when the warden came by. He gave me a $ 50.00, he was very nice about it. I was a catch an release in fresh water, which I no longer really do anymore. Any ways I told him that was the best fifty I ever spent. It was unbelievable.
It was a hot afternoon from 11-1, I stopped counting after 60 fish, it was non stop, I couldn't go more than 2 casts w/out a fish, largemouths where 3-7 lbs, what I thought was pickeral, which were probably pike as you mentioned pushed 6 lbs, looked like tarpon shooting through the water to hit the lures. It was amazing catching, it didn't seem like fishing at all. It got to the point where I would try to make them miss and the would just keep coming back after the lure 7 or 8 times. I just may have to get that fresh water license after all. It would DEFINATELY be worth the trip.
OOOPSSss, did I just let out Secret SPot # 1 for fresh water?
Scratch what I just said there are only sun fish available at that spot.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
DIE HARD

as far as it goes for me i will share all my spots for one reason and one reason only....that is because 9 times out 10 the company of a fellow reel-timer is well worth it...

jon h

see you there some time and my name is jon hare and i drive a black nissan sentra ser spec v with a thule rack on top...
Old 06-12-2003, 07:58 PM

not alone!!!!

i have spent many a night standing in waist deep water, surrounded by fish & gone home without so much as a hit!!!
my wife says i'm a f#$*ing retard to stay out til 3:00 am & not even catch 1 fish. if they are there & i know it, i'll keep trying. i fished almost every weekend my 1st full year flyfishing & probably caught 8-10 fish. experience will prevail!!

good luck & keep at it,

dan

Old 06-12-2003, 10:33 PM

Adages

A couple of good old rah-rah type, time-tested sayings above, including:

"There is an old saying: Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut" and another I hadn't heard about a dog's ass that got a grin. Here's another one I personally like:

Put 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters for 1000 years; one will write a Shakespeare play. The moral is pretty clear, and what you should get from it is essentially, don't fret; you're a better fisherman than a blind squirrel, a dog's ass and even an elderly chimp.

On a more serious note, even some of we knuckle-dragging simeons also known as baitdunkers/spinfishers are having a hard go of it. Hang in. Or on, as from a tree branch, as the case warrants ...Damn, sometimes I slay myself.

Leighton
Old 06-13-2003, 12:15 AM

If you want more detailed responses, let people reply directly to you email addy.