Forum Navigation

Search

Old 11-09-2000, 08:52 AM

VIRGIN ISLANDS

I am off to the British Virgin Islands for New Years with my girlfriend. I will be able to "break loose" from her a couple of the days to do some fishing. Has anyone fished the Virgin Islands, and if so I would really appreciate any helpful information you can give (i.e. Which island is best, rod weight, areas, guides, etc.). And for the second most important topic: Anyone know of any good bars or restaurants. Thanks so much in advance.

Matt.
Old 11-14-2000, 11:55 PM

RE: VIRGIN ISLANDS

Matt-
As far as the fishing is concerned there are a lot of good spots in the BVIs. The best by far is Anegada. The northern most island. It will be very difficult to get to. It is very remote and one of the few remaining hot spots which has not been "discovered". A great way to get there is to charter a sailboat, captain or no captain. Then take the dingy in and fish.

The bars are plentiful. There is a small barge anchored in a remote cove called the "Watering Hole". Ask the locals they will be able to point you in the right direction. Also, you have to hit Cane Garden Bay. There is a great hamburger joint with a tire swing to the west and a bar (whose name I can not recall) which is owned by the musician Quito Rymer. Great place to kick off the shoes and listen to Marley and Tosh.

Tight Lines and I wish you and your girlfriend a safe adventure. All this talk about it and I want to go back there. Good Luck.

Britton