Forum Navigation

Search

Old 02-22-2001, 09:55 AM

Serching for Monomoy guide

I'm trying to contact a guide I believe is named Randy Jones to guide me and a buddy in late June on the Monomoy flats in my boat. If anybody can help, thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2001, 10:48 AM
If It Swims I'll Catch It

RE: Serching for Monomoy guide

Call Fishing The Cape in East Harwich, MA. 508-432-1200

They can book you a trip, or get you in touch, with Randy. He is a great guide and will put you on fish.
Old 02-22-2001, 11:54 AM
Sponsor

Randy's an awesome guide but he'a a shore guide and won't be able to pilot a boat and have you pay him. Fishing The Cape can certainly hook you up with one of their boat guides, but it won't be Randy.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:37 PM
It's all about the grab!

If you need a great guide I have to recomend Capt. Gil Berke he'll definetly put you on fish and you'll also learn alot from him. Check out his site at www.outermostexcursions.com I believe he will be able to help you out. MURF
Old 02-22-2001, 03:59 PM

Tony Biski from Harwich- boats out of saquatucket harbor. Nice guide and has been fishing the area since he was a kid.

That is my favorite time of year for bass SO keep me in mind I will be shooting out there from time to time in June.
Neil H. Cronin
Old 02-23-2001, 04:07 PM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Here is Randy's website http://www.yankeeangler.com/
Old 02-24-2001, 06:06 PM

In addition to Monomoy (which is my in season 'addiction') are the bayside flats from Barnstable to Welfleet which offer great sight fishing opportunities in the early (and late) seasons. One of the cap'ns who answered your inquiry is a guru in that fishery - Capt.Steve Moore (slamdance charters).

Another great option for that fishery would be the previously mentioned Gil Berke (outermost excursions) who has the bayside flats completely dialed in too.

Randy and others like Capt.Greg Weisel (Monomoy Charters) are both booked out of FTC.

If you are interested in squeezing in an extra day "on your own" with a bunch of crazed monomoy dudes after your day with one of the areas top guns, drop me a line at juro@flyfishingforum.com
Old 02-24-2001, 11:04 PM

How about George Ryan, the Mayor of Monomoy. He is a great guide. you can contact him at 508-398-6160
Old 02-25-2001, 01:12 AM

George is definitely the Monomoy shore "stud", but the question was flats boat fishing so I didn't cite the obvious. Between he and Randy they have the "market cornered" on Monomoy flats shore expertise.

Since the Bensons really started flats boat fishing on the Monomoy flats, working with Fishing the Cape is a sure way to hook up with captains "in the know" on the Monomoy flats. Can't go wrong there.

Old 02-26-2001, 04:34 PM

<FONT color=black face=Verdana,Geneva size=2>STEVE. i,VE BEEN READING YOUR BULLETINS&nbsp;IN THE FORUM&nbsp; AND WONDERING IF IT'S THE&nbsp; SAME STEVE MOORE&nbsp; I TOOK THE CAPTAINS EXAM WITH . MY NAME IS ART SAWAYER AND I RAN INTO STEVE SMITH AT THE BOAT SHOW. AND HE CONFIRMED&nbsp; IT. SO HOWS IT GOING WITH THE CHARTERS GREAT I HOPE AND I WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK. i HAVE ALSO BEEN CHARTERING IN MONOMOY, BREWSTER FLATS AND UP INTO BARNSTABLE&nbsp; ALL MY HOME WATERS GIVE ME A CALL&nbsp;AND WE&nbsp;COULD GET TOGETHER FOR A BEER OR TWO. iVE BEEN HAVING SOME INQUIRIES ABOUT YOU AREA&nbsp; NOW I HAVE SOMEONE TO REFER THEM TOW I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; mY WEB SIGHT IS&nbsp;<A href="http://www.finfuncharters.com">www<A href="http://www.fINFUNCHARTERS.COM">.</A>finfuncharters.com</A>&nbsp; email&nbsp; <A href="mailto:finfuncharters@aol.com">finfuncharter s@aol.com</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Art </FONT>
Old 03-01-2001, 06:07 PM

Guides??? We have heard about Randy "the ladder" Jones and George "the Mayor of Monomoy" Ryan but we must not forget about Todd "the Cinderella Story" Murphy - Monomoy's up and coming guide for the new millenium. He can also be reached at Fishing the Cape.
Old 03-03-2001, 11:26 PM

The look can be deceiving. I thought the mayor was still very young. The sun can get to your skin when you spend many days guiding on the flats of Monomoy under the blazing hot sun.