Forum Navigation

Search

Old 09-12-2002, 09:07 AM

Boston Harbor Area by Foot

I do most of my SW fishing around the Cape (cod). But I'll occasionally hoof it to Boston midweek. What I never see on this or other forums is info on this type of fishing. Gartside wrote a book about it - does anyone else out there do it? I'm particularly interested in reports of activity around the Weir and Fore rivers, Blacks Creek, and Wessagusset Beach.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:16 AM

Due to the sedimentary structure of Boston Harbor, wading is not always easy. Access to good fishing grounds is often blocked by large stretches of mud flats which are not fun to walk through (obviously, this is not a problem at high tide). I have driven by the Weir River the last two weekends and seen a bunch of people fishing off the bridge and the estuary banks below. I never stopped to watch so I'm not sure what luck they were having. I was out at Hull Gut in a boat last weekend and saw people pulling in stripers. Drive out to the end of Hull and you'll find shore access to the Gut. You might want to check out the last issue (I think) of On The Water. There was an article on wading around Deer Island.