Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > New England

Old 10-16-2002, 09:43 AM

boat guys in beverly harbor last night?

i was on the shore at lynch park and brackenbury last night. no action there unfortunately. however, we shorebound fishermen certainly knew where the action was. the birds were pretty much going nuts all evening. i saw a few boats and a few fly guys out there. i was just wondering how you guys did. what was out there?

i went up and down the coast and there wasn't anything going on on the shore.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:22 AM

You said it ! That's how it was yesterday a.m. (late). The tide did not drop as low like it did last week ,the birds were out THERE with the BAIT and the FISH! I can only say that's the way it goes folks.Maybe,just maybe ,we will get another chance to hook up later this week or weekend.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:34 AM

Fished Dane Beach jetty yesterday from about 4-5:30pm on the incoming tide. Fish were breaking occasionally (one managed to do a nice jump entirely out of the water about 20 feet off the tip of the jetty) and there was a ton of bunker (I snagged so many, I felt like I was chumming). Managed to land a nice smallish fish and had another larger one on that decided to bolt before I could bring him in. Both on olive and white deceivers. As it got later, I noticed the birds working their way in from out in the sound and by the time I drove around to Lynch Park, they had moved into the harbor en masse. Hundreds of birds out among the boats and working their way in closer to Lynch Park. Fish were breaking all around for about 10 minutes, but by the time I got to where I could fish, they were moving out more. Tye-dye-Fly Guy was fishing the cove by the blue house and it was quiet there, but he tells me that the guys fishing the beach (Rice's) on the sound side had done well earlier from shore (one guy I ran into had gotten at least 1 30" fish). So, the fish are still around and seem to be pretty aggressive. See you guys out there this week if the weather holds.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:18 PM
I come to play baby!

Yup, i was out there in my boat, and I absoloutly drilled them. It was honestly evey cast a hook up. At one point I was in ten feet of water and a seemingly never ending parade of bass passed under my boat, it was every time my fly hit the water I got a hookup. The fish were on a mix of peabuts and spike macks. Another time, a whole school of peanuts swam directly at my boat and I could see the stripers in persuit, boiling the surface. It was as intesnse as it looked. PS Try spots like mingo beach, they have been pushing the baits in there with regularity now. Tight Lines, Soundking
Old 10-17-2002, 01:02 PM

Wanted to get out today, didn't look too bad,the wind , I could deal with ,but the water was a stirred up from the rain and wind yesterday . Should be cleared up by Fri. or Sat.