Forum Navigation

Search

Old 02-26-2003, 03:25 PM

Virgin Gorda

planning a week on Virgin Gorda in April..as yet we are hedging between a coupla places to stay..ant recommendations and fishing info apppreciated..we are Mom and Dad and two teenage girls...all fish, but we will be seeking PADI registration as well if we can find a course.
thanx
Old 03-03-2003, 10:42 AM

VG

Bring a rod!!!

One guy out of Leverick bay, will offer you a trip offshore. I am not sure he isn't full of hot air.... Pack either fly or spinning and carry it with you to all the beaches. Diving Pelicans mean tarpon and when they aren't around, you will find Jacks, Bonita, and Cero Mackeral busting bait. Also caught my largest ' cuda ever while down there from shore 4' and 35lbs.

Take the barbs out of your hooks and release 'em all. You will have a blast. If you want to chase bones, get over to Anegada and book with Garfield Faulkner.Dive with Levererick bay watersports, you will do just fine.

Have fun,
Old 03-03-2003, 10:46 AM

Didn't see you were looking for accomodations....Virgin Gorda Villa Rentals -Manager Moniica will take great care of you. Stay in Leverick, not Mahoe, but make sure you have a car the entire time.

1-284-485-7421
www.virgingordabvi.com
(they manage all the villas directly with the owners, no 3rd party stuff to deal with.)
Old 03-04-2003, 05:57 PM

If you have not locked in to Virgin Gorda, I have a client that rents their property on Jost Van Dyke. The website address is www.pinkhousebvi.com. We stayed there for a week last April and had a blast fishing. Caught my first Tarpon that proceeded to break my rod, so I shouldn't say caught....Had on my line for 10 minutes as well as a number of nice Permit. There is one flat between Jost and Little Jost that we had to ourselves for a week without seeing anyone. Have a great time!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:36 AM

thanks o-dog!! checked them out and they are booked for half the week we have to go!!

thanks anyway- still shopping.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:52 AM

Lukek, if they are booked, you can check out http://www.jostvandyke.com/villainfo.html, these villas are right up the hill on White Bay. We rented a boat for the week but you can get shuttles to Tortola, Anegada (althougth, it is a ride) and Virgin Gorda without a problem. If you want to go offshore, you are very, very close to the North Drop!

Make sure to drink plenty of "PainKillers" the official drink of the island and check out Foxy's Beach Bar. They also have a great neighborhood resort called the "Soggy Dollar" you have to anchor your boat and swim in. They have a cloths line to clip you money to for drying. More importantly you keep track of your own tab!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Correct link?

That place sounds great...

Villa link
Publisher
Reel-Time.com
Read my blog at AllThingsCahill.com
1 2 3 4 5 6
Old 03-05-2003, 11:10 AM

Thanks Mark, that's the correct link!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:04 PM