Forum Navigation

Search

Old 04-29-2003, 10:06 AM

Hingham wading & shore spots?

Just met a lovely young woman from Hingham and, not that I want to get ahead of myself here, but any recommendations for shore and/or wading spots in that area? I know it's near Hull (the Gut) and she goes to Nantasket a lot.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:30 PM

I just moved to the south shore last october so did not get much fising in before the end of the season but what I have learned is that hull gut does get good (Frank D's 100 striper hot spots) also have fished and seen fish pulled from allerton's point which are the rocks at the left end (north or east, not quite sure which is correct) of the beach. The other end is suppose to produce fish also.

I have heard a lot about the wiers river side of worlds end, which is in hingham. It costs money to walk into and park there ($4.50 a day or $30 for annual fee). I am joining because I have heard great stuff about it and I walked around the whole coast of it (it is a pininsula) this winter, it was nice and looks like a very relaxing place.

A place I haven't heard much about or fished is scituate lighthouse. It looks fishy to me though and plan on giving it a try.

Good luck with the Hingham girl. I have one of my own and she's a good girl.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:20 PM

There is some great fishing in the Hingham area. Previously mentioned World's End is a good start. You could pay the $4.50 fee or get an annual pass which I recommend, not only because it is a good thing to support, but they really have a ton of great properties in Massachusetts. Some of these places on the North Shore are great fishihg spots as well. Check out http://www.thetrustees.org. Another good spot to fish from shore is Stoddard's Neck on Route 3A. This is good during the spring when the herring are running in the Back River. Also try the Lincoln Sailing Club pier at the Route 3A rotary. I have caught many stripers from there on flies, especially in the shallows inbetween the piers. During the summer when the water temp heats up, head to Cohasset and fish off the rocks. There is some great fishing from the rocks at Black Rock Beach. If you want to get some more info on some of the places I mentioned and many other shore spots in the area, pick up a copy of Jack Gartside's Fly Fishing Boston Harbor. Another good book is Fly Fishing Boston by Terry Tessein. Good Luck!