Forum Navigation

Search

Old 07-05-2003, 11:09 AM

Moosehead Lake

I will be camping in the Moosehead Lake area at the end of the month and would appreciate any information on trout streams, hatches or good places to launch a kayak. I also will be wading. I like small streams as well as the big tailwater rivers.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:27 PM

I was up there last weekend and pretty much got shut out by trout/salmon. I've had great luck in the past fly fishing the Roach River in Kokadjo (18 miles from Greenville). The water was so low in the Roach and wasn't holding many fish, if we get rain before you go and they raise the Dam you may have better luck. I fly fished Horn Pond (between Greenville and Kokadjo) by canoe and got a bunch of smallmouth with poppers. I'd check with the Maine Guide FLy Shop in Greenville, they will have the best info for you. If you can get back in September, you can have some fantastic fishign for brookies and salmon in the Roach River. Have Fun up there.