Forum Navigation

Search

Old 03-25-2000, 10:09 AM

Costa Rica - Fly Fishing

<P><FONT color=black face=Verdana,Geneva size=2>I just returned from a great flyfishing trip to Costa Rica for Tarpon and Roosterfish.&nbsp; I posted alot of information about the trip on the New England Forum on 3/24/00.&nbsp; If anyone is interested in further info on our experience with fly-fishing for Tarpon on the Northeast Coast and for Roosterfish&nbsp;and in-shore fish on the South Pacific Coast near Corcadova National Park on the Osa Peninsula...Just get in touch.&nbsp; It really was a fabulous and successful trip. </FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica size=2>DonnaV</FONT></P>
Old 04-19-2000, 09:39 PM

RE: Costa Rica - Fly Fishing

I was in Quepos in January. We fished 3 days and only raised 2 fish. Please tell me about your trip I want to return next year. Bob

Old 04-21-2000, 08:43 PM

Hi Bob

I'd be happy to give you more info. What I heard about Quepos before I went to Costa Rica was that it was fished pretty heavily, so I went down further south to the Osa peninsula. It was gorgeous, unpopulated and tons of fish from sails to amazing inshore fish like roosterfish. We went out with local fishermen who weren't used to flyrods and they didn't speak english but we worked it out and caught alot of fish. And we spent $50 to 100 dollars a day rather than the $800/day to fish out of the other lodges. I can give you some info on lodges on the Osa if you wish. It is a primitive area and not so easy to get to but it's worth it if you want good fishing. On the Northeast coast, I loved Casa Mar on the Rio Colorado for Tarpon. If you have any special questions feel free to ask and I can also give you the name of my Costa Rican travel agent if you want. He did a good job.

Donna V
Old 09-14-2000, 01:27 PM

how big were the tarpon, and or the rooster fish. Please e mail brkwater@clis.bmd.com
need some names and numbers
sounds great
dave
Old 11-29-2000, 12:22 PM

Hi donna v:
I am considering going to Costa Rica and would be very interested in any info on the Osa peninsula such as where to stay,guides,boats,offshore and inshore . What size fly rods for what? When you took your trip did you combine with Casa Mar? Is most ofthe Tarpon fishing there sinking line in muddy water.What time of year? Thanks in advance. My e-mail is how@srnet.com
dougbug