Forum Navigation

Search

Old 10-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Hamblin rpt. Oct. 27

Normally I wouldn't disclose the location of a pond, but because pretty much everyone who trout fishes know this pond, and I don't go there very often, here you go....

Got to pond about an hour late...A couple fish working in close, looked like stocked fish but never was able to confirm. About 4-5 casts in I hooked up...Huge 17-18inch holdover rainbow...So fat..

Wind started to pickup around mid morning. Uncle and I braved the conditions and worked directly into wind. Found some stockies on a wind blown shore. Picked up small Brown. At this time, I started to lose motivation with howling winds and little surface activity. Uncle kept working. Determined not to go without any game for the weekend(no birds the day before) he kept working the pond. About 11am he landed a rainbow of equal size as mine. Gorgeous fish.

A little later Uncle picked up a 4lb smallie wading only to get outmanned with the 5 weight Henry's fork.

Didn't see any shore guys hook up with fish while we were there...Tough wind, I guess that's typical of the fall, right?