Forum Navigation

Search

Old 01-30-2004, 03:18 PM

Super Bowl

A gentleman has 50 yard line seats at the Super Bowl down in Houston. As he seats himself a man approaches him and asks if anyone is occupying the empty seat next to him.

"No", he replied, "the seat is empty".

"This is incredible" stated the man, "who in his right mind would have a 50 yard line seat at the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event on this planet, and not use it?"

Somberly, the gentleman replied, "Well, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not attended together since we were married in 1965".

"Oh, I am very sorry to hear that. This is certainly terrible. But couldn't you find someone else,.......... a friend, a relative, or even a neighbor, to take the seat?"

The gentleman shakes his head. "No. They are all at the funeral".

Last edited by bones; 01-30-2004 at 06:46 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones
A gentleman has 50 yard line seats at the Super Bowl down in Houston. As he seats himself a man approaches him and asks if anyone is occupying the empty seat next to him.

"No", he replied, "the seat is empty".

"This is incredible" stated the man, "who in his right mind would have a 50 yard line seat at the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event on this planet, and not use it?"

Somberly, the gentleman replied, "Well, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not attended together since we were married in 1965".

"Oh, I am very sorry to hear that. This is certainly terrible. But couldn't you find someone else,.......... a friend, a relative, or even a neighbor, to take the seat?"

The gentleman shakes his head. "No. They are all at the funeral".
I like it! It did make me laugh.