Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > Florida

Old 03-30-2004, 04:03 PM

Jupiter, Florida Shore Fishing ?

I will be visiting friends in Jupiter from the 4th of April for a week.

Never fished that area before.....any knowledge on the area will be most
appreciated.

thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 04:27 PM

Check your Email I went to high school in jupiter I passed along all I could remember
Old 03-30-2004, 04:41 PM

Jupiter...thank you

Thank you maineguideman.....great info....looks very promising....really appreciate the help..
Old 04-29-2004, 10:14 AM

I live in the area and would love to compare notes. Any chance you could post some of it here? I've fished Jupiter inshore / offshore etc. Now I'd like to actually start catching some fish inshore.
Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:56 PM

Fishing in Jupiter

If you're able, treat yourself to a half or full day of fly fishing with guide Scott Hoffmeister out of Jupiter Inlet. His boat, Blue Hole, accommodates three or four anglers, so the per-rod cost is modest. On one laid-back trip in late April, two friends and I caught bonito, dolphin, blue runners, barracuda, and mutton snapper. On that day, Hoffmeister chummed with live bait, bringing hordes of gamesters to the surface and within range of our fly rods. It was a fabulous day.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:09 PM

I gave him a bunch of spots to try. That I could remember from when I lived there as you know that area changes so fast. Your best bet would be to ask some locals. Try Lott Bros. tackle on Alt A1A or hire a guide for one day be honest with him about what you are doing ask him to focus less on catching fish and more on education, spots reading water, etc.
For what its worth I used to fish Jupiter inlet almost daily South side. The beach / surf from the south jetty down to the big Hotels used to hold giant jacks & snook in the early mornings. Under any of the bridges always produced. and the surf in front of blowing rocks park is good. I did not fly fish then I used an ambassader 6500 on a 7.5 ft rod. with big topwater plugs or bucktail jigs. I would heave them out over the surf and bring them back in as I was walking that way I could cover alot of area.
Also my favorite place is Sebastian inlet about 1hr & 20 min north. the north side of the inlet, follow the dirt road to the northwest side of the park. Park at the bulkhead and follow the river west into the mangrove area. there are 5 or 6 spoil inslands back there with deep channels that run throuh there I caught everything back there. tarpon, ladyfish, redfish, snook, seatrout, jacks, small snappers. I never had a bad day back there. I went back a few years ago to visit. I fished of the bulkhead with a sinking line and a big white deciever there were these big spanish mackerals running I caught about ten and One big jack it was great. I really miss florida sometimes.
Good luck
Capt Will
Sebastian I think is much more accesable Jupiter is very built up
Old 04-29-2004, 02:39 PM

Awesome! thanks for the quick response. I'm looking to build my inshore skills so I can pass the knowledge on to my daughters. I have a kayak now and I'm getting ready to build a wooden skiff to hang one of my outboards on.

I'm hoping my fishing buddy will sell his boat soon, it's on consignment so we haven't been able to go offshore at all recently. He's looking at a 22-24' Cape Horn to replace it so I guess it'll be worth the wait.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:46 PM

Wanted to thank those that sent notes to help me on my Jupiter, FL trip...

Plans changed as they always do....lady friend had never
been to Naples area so we drove across to see Sanibel and Captiva etc...way too much traffic for me.

In the little time I had on the East Coast I found Hobe Sound Beach productive for small Spanish Macs but too many beach people as the day went on.

I really liked Hutchinson Island area but not much luck on the beach though I did see some huge schools of bait about
200 yards out getting hit every so often.

Again thanks to those that tried to help me.