Forum Navigation

Search

Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM

Good New Long Island Guide

I want to let members know about a very good guide on Long Island in the Bahamas who has recently set up business on his own now and is highly recommended. He is Maurice Rahming, he is located at Glentons, Long Island and he guides for bonefish on the many flats in the northern part of the island. He formerly guided for Cape Santa Maria Resort (the resort is losing its staff by treating them poorly).

Maurice has a new 18' Flycraft with a 115 hp Yamaha 4-stroke; the boat is on a trailer and he can take you to flats at various locations on the island, though his expertise is currently on the northern end of the island. He offers flyfishing and will also do some light tackle fishing if your partner doesn't flyfish. I have known him for a few years and I can verify that he is a very serious, professional, courteous and ecologically minded guide who is a pleasure to spend a day with. He has a great knowledge of the natural envrionment there but more importantly he understands bonefish well and his wading/sighting skills are excellent.

Maurice can be reached at "Fly Away Bonefishing" (1-242-338-6032 home and 1 242-357-1195 cell). His current rate is $300 per day and includes complimentary beers and sodas. I highly recommend him to anyone planning a trip to the northern end of Long Island.