Forum Navigation

Search

Old 09-27-2004, 09:42 PM

Thumbs down Miserable Merrimac

Fished the entire out going tide from the rip at the plum island parking lot to jetty and around the corner. Nothing...No bait No fish, no fly fisherman...Gave up around 5:00 went down to the beach at the turn to get off the island and popped the incoming until 7,no fish, no bait, no fly guys... Fantastic moon rise and sunset and a beautiful day but this is just not right...
Moon tide, light breeze from the SE, a low pressure system building,rolling surf out front and the last week in September (perfect conditions so where the heck are the fish!!!)

I get around five or six tries during the fall run I've used 2. I live 2 1/2 hours away from any beach. From Plum Island to Hammonasett. I plan it out as best I can an pick a beach. I was going to hit the North Shore but everyone said that was dead also. Shaun Ruge proved me wrong Uggggh! sometimes I don't need certain info.

SK

Last edited by Lightn' Rod; 09-27-2004 at 09:44 PM..
Old 09-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Dawn on CC Bay

Arrow

The fall decline has been noticeable. Particularly the lack of forage inshore. Not that you can't get into the occasional nice slug of fish still, but more than ever you have to put a lot of time in that most of us don't have for what seems like fewer inshore fish. I hope it's just an anomaly and that we'll have a banner year inshore next year. Luckily just getting outdoors on a nice night, fish or no fish, is still a big draw. Beats the boob tube any day.

-bd