Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Tackle Forum

Old 01-11-2005, 04:51 PM
kenneyk

FS: Old Florida No. 66 and No. 55 Large Arbors

For sale: One black Old Florida No. 66 and one black No. 55, Large Arbor fly reels.

The No. 66 is rated for 10-12 wt fly lines and can hold more than 300 yards of 50 lb. PowerPro gelspun backing with a 12 wt fly line.

No. 66 rated capacity:
WF 10 + 250 yards 30lb backing (dacron)
WF 11 + 225 yards 30lb backing
WF 12 + 200 yards 30lb backing
Perfect for salmon, stripers, tarpon, bonefish, redfish, permit, tuna, dolphin (not the mammal), kingfish, and other fish that require large capacity backing.

The No. 55 is rated for 7-8 wt fly lines and can hold more than 300 yards of 50 lb. PowerPro gelspun backing with an 8 wt fly line. Perfect for salmon, stripers, tarpon, bonefish, redfish, permit, tuna, dolphin, etc.

No. 55 capacity:
WF 7 + 275 yards 20lb backing (dacron)
WF 8 + 250 yards 20lb backing
WF 9 + 225 yards 20lb backing

The drag system is 100% natural cork like the higher priced Tibor, Fin-Nor, and Abel reels. Another great thing about Old Florida Reels is that they feature full interchangeability with Stand Arbor, Large Arbor, and Super Arbor spools on the same housings. This means that a No 6. Standard Arbor spool can be replaced by both a No.66 Large Arbor or No. 6SA Super Arbor spool on the same housing. Thus, different spools can cover 6 line weights for extreme versatility.

I bought both reels about three years ago. The No. 66 is like brand new, it was brought on a boat once and cast for about 15 minutes. No fish seen on that day, thus it has really never been fished.

I have used the No. 55, but it is in excellent condition. Last year, because I had planned on going fishing again, I sent in the reels to Old Florida to overhaul (i.e., regrease drag, etc). Their comment was they are like brand new and do not need anything. Even though extra money was spent for them to open up, regrease, look at them, and shipping, my fishing trip fell through. Not too surprising. It would be nice to know that someone will actually use them. I paid US $300 for each, and am "asking" only $200 for the No. 66 and $170 for the No. 55.

Here are actual pictures of them (you might have to copy the URL and paste it into your web browser):
No. 66
ftp://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/public/kenne...l66-front2.jpg
ftp://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/public/kenne...el66-back2.jpg
ftp://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/public/kenne...-reelseat2.jpg
(still has a portion of the price tag on the reel seat)

No. 55
ftp://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/public/kenne...el55-front.jpg
ftp://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/public/kenne...eel55-back.jpg

The photographs provided are of the actual reels, however, the line and backing were removed and given to a friend. Thus, they do not come with line or backing. Buyer pays $10 USPS priority. Shipping within USA only, no international shipping. I will accept Paypal, personal checks, and money orders. If personal check, the reel will be sent out only after the check has cleared. Please ask any questions and I appreciate your interest. They are great reels! Thanks.

Last edited by kenneyk; 01-11-2005 at 04:56 PM..
Old 07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
bigboy was already taken

You still either of these reels?