Forum Navigation

Search

Old 03-10-2005, 05:15 PM

Have you fished Campeche?

hi

Wondering if anyone fished the other side of the Yucatan? Read there some macabi hanging around there too.
Cheers
Old 03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Talking

Sam,

How are you! You coming to the Cape this summer?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:29 PM

hi bobG
How the heck are you? Been a long winter. Yes, I will be there on the 20th to the 24th may, most probably fishing the the mighty Canal and be camping nearby. Did you go anywhere this winter?
eh, we got to meet this spring!!!!!
cheers
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Veteran Reel-Timer

Thumbs up

I've been well Sam. Unfortunetly, we didn't get away this winter.
20-24 of May, there should be an amply supply of fresh bass around so that even we might catch a few. Look forward to seeing you then.

bob
Old 03-11-2005, 08:12 AM

Samng, where about in Campeche. There is some fishing along the coast up from Merida. Also, down in the bottom of the hook, there is a old tarpon camp named El Tarpon Tropical. Up to a couple of years ago, I had a neighbor that would go down and fish for tarpon a couple of weeks at a time. Also, Holbox Island looks nice. I'm hoping to get down there before it is completely developed. It's not that difficult to get to, either.
Vera Cruz is also another place that is underrated but, due to the lack of guides and boats, it can be difficult to fish. Most of this is offshore and lagoon type fishing, tarpon and snook.
If for some reason you want to head south, but can't get to where you were wanting, you are always welcome in Texas. We are entering a great time of year with the speckled trout moving on the flats to spawn, sight fishing for redfish will be kicking into full swing and Texas' Striped Permit (sheepshead) will be some of the bill o-fare you can sample. PLUS, you can drink the water....in most spots.
Where ever you end up going, I hope you have a good trip.

"Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." Ed Zern
Old 03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Raul

Thumbs up Welcome to Campeche

Hey Samng, This is what you will find in campeche. 108 kms of mangrove coastline in the Nature Reservoir "Los Petenes" full of baby tarpon, mangrove and cudas. Here is where we fish almost every week.... Real flats and shallows. If arriving to cancun it takes 5.5 hrs driving SW to the City of Campeche. Or if Arriving to Merida Airport 1.45 hrs same direction. Let me know if i can help you.