Forum Navigation

Search

Old 04-25-2005, 01:17 PM

Glatos Bonefish Lodge, South Andros

Anybody fished out of Glatos Lodge in South Andros? I understand the accommodations are basic, which is exactly what I'm looking for. No need for mints on my pillows or designer wallpaper in the bathrooms. Just simple, well-prepared food and a clean place to sleep and shower. And great fishing.

How's the fishing in this area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Count
Old 04-25-2005, 08:06 PM

Glatos

Agreat fishing area,but from what I saw and was told it was really rough and no good guides.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:24 PM

Glatos

Been there and done that. Place is a very good deal for the money.Owners are nice and accomadating. Food and rooms are not fancy but comfortable. The guides are pretty much the same as at the other lodges. It depends on who is available when you want to go. It's a nice fishery and I will go back one of these days.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 AM

Thank you for the feedback, guys. I appreciate it.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 AM

bonefishbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count
Anybody fished out of Glatos Lodge in South Andros? I understand the accommodations are basic, which is exactly what I'm looking for. No need for mints on my pillows or designer wallpaper in the bathrooms. Just simple, well-prepared food and a clean place to sleep and shower. And great fishing.

How's the fishing in this area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Count
Tommy Rolle who owns Glatos has a real nice set-up.
His lodge is right on the water and he is centrally located on the island.I own a lodge south of him about 13 miles and we have access to the south end in minutes without trailering our boats and people to the Mars Bay Dack. Were not supposed to advertise on the forum so I won't give our name but you are free to contact me off line if you want to know about S Andros.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 AM

Glatos 2003

I fished Glatos w/ three friends end of March 2004 through Buccaneer Travel. Two of us were experienced bonefisherman and two experienced, but not with bonefishing. The lodge was as described, very basic but clean. Food was very good and abundant. The people who run the lodge were very nice.

Fishing was interesting. Some days good , some days awful. We did have a major front come through which kept us in the creeks. Guides varied also. Some were good and some putting in time. Boats were OK but motor troubles definately caused issues on a couple of days. If you're fishing with the "Reverend" or his sons be aware that they don't fish on Sundays and there is a scramble for guides.

Fishing on the south tip of the island is very beautiful but be prepared for a long (and in our case ) bumpy ride. Everyone wants to fish there and it's definately NASCAR time when a front clears.

I'd rate it a "C" overall. Good Luck

Last edited by bolsen; 05-05-2005 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 AM

Glados lodge

Bolson

The reason I set up our lodge at the south end of S. Andros was to eleminate as much of the choppy seas as possible. Also my guides are all experienced and we don't have a problem on sundays, in fact thats when the Rev calls us to see if our guides are available to support him .
Give us a try!!
Bill Chatterley & Bill Howard
Mars Bay Bonefish Lodge
Old 05-06-2005, 10:39 AM

I know this has already been responded to several times but seeing as I was actually there 3 days ago I thought I'd give a recent response. I found the lodge, as the others have already stated, to be modest/basic but clean. The owner and his wife, Tommy and Veronica, are wonderful people; honest and accomodating. They will do anything to make you feel more comfortable and at home. The food is authentic Bahamian cuisine (which is precisely what I want when I'm in the Bahamas). I fished for a total of 6 days. The wind and clouds made spotting fish difficult the first few days but I was able to get fish and landed a 10 pounder (one of two double digit bones on this trip). My best day for numbers was 15. My fewest was 3 (due to neither the guide or myself finding many fish). My guides were Tommy and his brother Lonix and they were both good at spotting fish and navigating through the cays. Neither are real fly fisherman so don't expect a lot of casting tips but they seem to have guided fly fisherman enough to understand presentation and seem to have the angler's abilities in mind when hunting fish. Overall, the experience is what I expected for the location and price. A great bonefishing value, in my opinion. I look forward to returning.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:10 PM

Thanks, Luckylab. I appreciate the report. Do you mind me asking whom you booked through?

Thanks,

Count
Old 05-29-2005, 05:56 PM

I fished out of Glatos this past Feb. and highly recommend it. The cost was great - $2125 - for a single angler for 7days/6fishing. That's the best price by far that I found in So.Andros. I had 2 different guides, each for 3 days, and they both were excellent. The accommodations were absolutely fine and included satellite TV, that's a first for me on my rural travels. Veronica's food was very good - authentic Bahamian to say the least. I'd go back in a heartbeat.