Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > New England

Old 07-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Sponsor

July 15 wade, fly, blind, sight, fishing S.E. Cape Cod

July 15 wade, fly, spin fishing S.E. Cape Cod Update:
My guest and I decided to fish another part of he Cape due to these slower tides. On my guest's third cast he was tight to his first fish of the morning while blind casting. Then another and another. This kept up for the next 2 hours, steady! With the sun making a surprise visit, we happily left fish to find fish and made our way to a flat that I knew would be holding a good number of large Bass. My guest asked me how I knew that we would see any fish at all and that he liked my positive attitude. Yup, as soon as our ankles touched the water I was calling out our first fish. Found the fish to be their usual challenging, fussy selves but in good numbers allowing my guest many shots. The fish called for nothing less than perfection in all aspects of our fishing. We had flats fish charging our fly. Sometimes, as soon as it hit the water they would swim 20 feet fast to inspect it. Most gave it a longggggg, very intense look before refusing it. (This type of reaction to your fly is exactly what you are looking for and is very positive.) Now all we needed were some "HOT" fish. We found them and some ate it good! At one point we found 30 or so large Bass just hanging around on the flat being lazy and not moving from this small area. They were actively flashing (eating) and are what we call happy fish (high in the water column). Looked like a Jacuzzi party. My guest caught one from this group of fish. Another successful day in many.
Best Fish's, Randy