Forum Navigation

Search

Old 10-23-2005, 10:58 PM
your flies down

Coastal Redfish/Backcountry

Hey everybody, Its been a while since Ive been on here, but I am in college now, currently in my dorm at Coastal Carolina University. I am just wondering if I have any Redfish oppritunities that I can get to from shore(wading). I do have a car and dont mind driving a little to get to a nice destination. I am currently 8 miles west of Myrtle Beach and I was smart enough to bring down a nice selection of flies, my sage 8 weight, and my orvis reel!
Please help a poor college kid out!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 10:34 AM

A couple of possibilities

You might want to try Huntington Beach State Park. Park and walk to the jetty at the inlet. It is fisherman friendly and there are some nice hightide grass flats just inside the inlet that hold tailing reds at higher tides. I've caught a variety of fish here over the last few years.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Reel-Timer

Kayak access/April fishing opportunity

I'm considering a trip down to this same area the week of April 10th. I will have my kayak with me and am wondering what kind of access there is. I'm also guessing that April might be a pretty good time of the year. Will gladly reciprocate some Eastern Long Island information for anyone interested in fishing here from May-July, especially if you kayak fish regularly.