Forum Navigation

Search

Old 01-06-2000, 09:11 PM

Cape Cod Striper Fishing on TV

Well probably not that big of a deal. But tonight while I was working out I turned on the Outdoor Life Channel. There was Andy Mill on the cape cod flats catching stripers. He also was taken out by a commercial fisherman who had him into 20 lbers on the fly. They also caught some fish using a hand line.

How many days left? According to my records schoolies should be around on April 10.

Were any of you guys the guides for the show?

Old 01-06-2000, 09:33 PM

RE: Cape Cod Striper Fishing on TV

Seemed like Andy liked that handline fishing. I liked when when Bob Luce told him not to be a wimp!
Old 01-07-2000, 05:28 PM
Reel-Timer

<P><FONT color=#008000 face=Verdana size=2>Jim,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2>Just wrote a long reply that went into nowhere land, just replying now to see if this works</FONT></P>
Old 01-07-2000, 07:14 PM
Dawn on CC Bay

Did you hit the Refresh button on your browser after you posted? I've found I won't see my post until I do that. Also, sometimes, depending on how you've sorted the posting list, you may have to scroll to the next or previous page to see your newly posted article...

-bd
Old 01-07-2000, 09:11 PM
Reel-Timer

<P><FONT color=green face=Verdana,Geneva size=2>BD,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#008000 face=Verdana size=2>No, I just hit the reply button, and it sent me into another screen that didn't look too promising.&nbsp; I then hit return and came back to the screen where you compose a reply, unfortunately my post was not there and my rantings were lost.&nbsp; Probably just as well, as I was trashing Andy Mill about his show.&nbsp; Like the locations, can't stand him as I find his comments obnoxious and don't like watching him.&nbsp; The other object of my wrath was Trevor Gowdy, the gravy-training son of Curt Gowdy.&nbsp; Trevor has a show on the OLN and one of the episodes featured him striper fishing right by the Essex Dam on the Merrimack.&nbsp; He was spouting off all sorts of nonsense and he was fawning all over a guest of his.&nbsp; The guest may have been a nice guy - however it would have been nice if he could have fished and didn't talk on his cell phone during the show.&nbsp; Has anyone on the board seen this episode, or have any comments about these two shows.&nbsp; I certainly like to hear your opinions, good or bad.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#008000 face=Verdana size=2>I'm hoping this works!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=#008000 face=Verdana size=2>Labrax</FONT></P>