Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Regional Discussion Forums > New England

Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Lambert's Cove Beach-MV Parking

Heading up to the Vineyard third week in August and considering fly fishing Lamberts Cove for the first time. Is there parking open to the public. Is it sort of like the parking at Lobsterville?

I usually hit big bridge/ sengy, tashmoo,edgar light, menemsha/ lobsterville and I'm looking to try something new. If you don't mind, is it productive around that time? Tashmoo fishes well that time of year so I would imagine Lamberts to be about the same. All responses appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Long-Timer

The Lamberts Cove beach parking is sticker only. I do not know if the restriction is for residents, but it's something like $50/season. They used to have night fishing permits that were free. Call Town Hall in West Tisbury to get your info.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:53 AM

After 6pm

I thought anyone could park there after 6pm-Lots go out and watch the sun set and have campfires there. Its a nice take and you can walk noth on the beach to get away from them if you want.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM

No matter how long you wish the season was, it ends a day earlier and some guy from New York always ruins the fun. Note change due to Red Sox victory in 2004. Curse? What curse?

DLWKFW: I'm from New York and ready to ruin the fun for everybody up at Lambert's Cove. I'll take their parking, backcast into their camfires, and pray for cloudy weather to block the beautiful sunsets. Only kidding. If I ever moved off Long Island, (Which I love). Mass would be the place. Have traveled most of the coast and it's pretty cool.

Thank both of you for your replies. I'll check in with Coop's for details and contact Tisbury Town Hall as well.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:06 PM
on the shore for albacore

Location: On a good day, Chappy, Lobsterville, or any other island beach.
Brushfly - Lamberts Cove is a beautiful spot, no doubt, and could hold Bass at night. But the third week in August is PRIME bonito time (from shore), so imho, going to Lamberts is missing the real action.

John
Old 07-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Long-Timer

Agree with Vineyard fisher on the bonito. Come to think of it, NYC is the city that never sleeps. So, I am sure that you are prepared for fishing for bonito all day and then bass all night Get some flies from Lepore and have fun!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:32 PM

Yes, I have bonito on the mind priority one and know of the usual "hot spots" Starbucks, Chappy, Menemsha, Tashmoo, am I missing some?

Then thinking Lamberts after sunset....

Regarding the Sox, routed big time for them against the Yankees as I'm a Met fan...you can hate me come October!

Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Reel-Timer

FYI -received a $15 parking ticket at 10:18 pm at Lamberts during the third week in June of this year - we were the only car in the lot..... First ticket there in over ten years of June fishing. And before anybody asks....yes we have Mass. plates on the truck.

Good Luck
Old 07-18-2006, 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Lambert's Cove is resident-only. And I believe the town in question is West Tisbury and not Tisbury.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:38 AM
fish worshiper

Just came back from 2 weeks on the vineyard. Caught blues and bass every day except one Laast Sat am, I caught 18 blues and 12 bass {biggest bass was 24"} on light tackle at the GUT Oh, that was between 630 and 800 am Check chappy !!! Lighthouse, East Beach and Wasque. They just opened most off the beaches for 4x4s,,,,farking plovers got eaten
Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 AM

Ducati,

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunatly I don't have the oversand. I'm a park and hoof it type so I'm limited to certain areas. One of these days I'll get up to the famous gut but it won't be this trip.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 AM

Uh, an ORV isn't a necessity to get to the Gut

Or Wasque or East Beach, for that matter.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM

Lambert's Cove fishing pass

Night fishing passes for Lambert's Cove beach are available free of charge at the old fire station in North Tisbury from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. daily. They allow you to park from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and must be displayed on your vehicle dashboard.

BTW, fishing at Lambert's has been n.g. so far this season.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
fish worshiper

You can get to the Gut by driving a reg car, go across on the chappy ferry, and take Left on {i think} North Road??? theres parking at the end. There were birds working that side for about three days in the am,{end off pond outgoing. Guys were FF and catching too.
You can also go fish with Paul Shultz on a Trustees of the reservation truck fishing trip, I think $50 bucks half day ?? He KNOWS the spots !!!
To fish the east beach, follow signs to dike bridge {aka Kennedy Car Wash} lol, park at dike, walk straight 200 yds to beach.
Wasque, same deal, follow the signs, park and walk. Saw 2 keepers caught there, guy using bluefish head, and gut piles.
I had the most excellent luck with med green deadly dicks, and 1 1/4 oz Atom striper swipers.

Good Luck
Old 07-19-2006, 02:31 PM

Ducati and Tin Boat,

Thanks for clearing this all up. Have been to East Beach and Wasque but had no idea you could drive to the gut without an over sand. Thanks.

Just looked at the map. Yes, it's North Neck Rd. I guess I was thinking about the Lighthouse and Elbow area and never thought you could access the gut by road. Is the first ferry to Chappy at 6:00 or 7:00 am???? Love getting out at first light if tides coincide.

Last edited by brushfly; 07-19-2006 at 02:37 PM..