Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Conservation and Ecology

Old 11-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Harpooner

You can still write in and let the people at NMFS know how you feel. Whether from a coastal state or not, this affects you. I cannot remember if I have posted a letter and contact info on this thread, but if not, in the Tuna/Offshore section, in the thread "Herring Meeting results, future" you will find a sample letter and all the info you need to send it in.

Just a reminder, though, tomorrow (monday) is the end of the comment period and so you only have until the end of the business day to get something in...You can use the sample I provided or write your own.

But again, whether you are from a coastal state or not, this problem affects you if you care about the ocean.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM

One of my Maine Congressional Representatives wrote me to say he supports the effort to have more observers on the herring boats of the GOM and has written to the House Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee on Science, Justice and Commerce in support of a $1.5 million line item in the FY2008 budget for observer coverage in the midwater herring fleet. From Representative Tom Allen of Maine. That's one.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Senator Olympia Snow of Maine has responded as follows: " Regarding your comment about funding for observer coverage, I agree that this is a critical element in improving fisheries and that coverage must be expanded in the Gulf of Maine and my staff has been in contact with National Marine Fisheries Service officials about increasing funding for FY0".

So, let's hear about other Senators and Congressmen who have responded. The deserve to be exposed - good or bad.