Forum Navigation

Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Funny fish addict

7/25 Stellwagen report

Left around 6 and hit one spot on the way out almost at the bank. Bars in the water, some birds around but no surface fish. In about 45 minutes we get a swing and a miss on the pink bar, then 2 seconds later, swing and a miss on the black bar, then 3 seconds later swing and miss on pink bar again. We eventually end up at the SW corner of the bank. Start making our way north through the fleet of about 30 boats. Thought I'd never hook up in broad daylight in the middle of the fleet. Sure enough 10 minutes later the pink bar goes off. 10 minutes later we stick a 48" bluefin. Trolled north up towards the BE buoy but got no swings. Lots of whales and bait. No fish anywhere to be found in the bay. Left camera on boat so no pics. Will be out tommorow on the bank again. Gimme a call on 68. C ya on the water!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Looking for birds

Nice work. Went out on my friends boat early this AM and hit the NWC and it was whales gone wild..... didn't see any tuna but the whales and birds were everywhere. We threw some blind cast behind the whales with little success.

We then tried trolling some squid bars and that didn't produce either.

Anyone else have any luck this morning on the NWC?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Reel-Timer

Headed out of Salem this morning 7:30am. Ran down 5 miles south of the 'H' bouy. No fish to be found. Worked the area for about an hour. Headed to the SW corner. NADA. Headed north up the bank. ZIPPO. past 'BE' bouy up to NW corner not marking any fish. Very calm day. Easy running but saw no fish on the surface. Worked back through the dumping ground and back into Salem Harbor 4:30PM. 112 miles. Great day on the water but no action.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Me too...

BE, SWC around the contour lines...

One hit that I handled like Jose Canseco playing center field... dropped it at the gaff. About 47 inches. Hit at 6 am.

After that, whales, bait and no Charlie.

Beautiful day on the water.

Mike
Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Break Neck Speed

We fished SWC yesterday and boated one 46" fish. Got lots of bass over 40" using the new butterfly jigging equipment and technique. This is how we got our tuna. This morning my buddy called me from the SWC and they were 3-4 all on jigs. I think this is a very early morning thing out there and if you get out there say after 7:00 am. you will be hard pressed to get a fish. We went around in the bay later in the day and so no signs of life at all. Went back out to the rips north of P-Town and found many singles/doubles and pods just cruising near the surface. Could not buy a hit on those fish tried everything. Beautiful day on the water FAC and lots of whales to entertain during the slow periods.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM

So Mike they were all on butterfly jigs?

I was marking stuff deep, but my FF stinks, so I never trust it. I got mine on an orange FO bar. After 6 am I couldn't buy a bite but never tried jigs.

Maybe i am just trying to help my wounded ego

Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Thumbs down 7/29 report

started on old dumping grounds off m'head/salem...nothing...went to NWC..the corner itself as barren....whales feeding ne side of corners...50 boats..30 trolling/casting rest whale watchers....did not see a push,jump,ssplash or anything that made area look fishie...moved inside to where BF was supposed to be (it wasen't) and again nothing...wx was great if u had a pulpit and could get offshore..Tom