Forum Navigation

Search

Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
New Reel-Timer

Boston Harbor

I am new to the area, but having heard all of the reports coming out of the harbor about the pogies and fish being caught i couldnt wait to give it a try. I have been out twice and yielded very mild results. the first trip out we ran all over the harbor looking for bait and only found small pods about an hour before we were leaving and a half a tank of gas later with the pod was small and fast moving and we only manged a couple of bluefish on the outskirts of the bait. And the last time out found a large pod in winthrop harbor that had very little activity under it with only a coulple pogies bit in half and many un touched. Im not looking for spot burning, but a little help on areas to key in on or to take bait to to actually fish would be much appreciated. I feel like i have been fishing for bait more than trying to find stripers and with limited time between class and work i would like to make my trips as productive as possible.

thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
The truth is out there...

You could continue doing what you are doing and you will learn how to find the bait better. You likely drove past bait in your previous trips without finding it

You could also go out at night, skip looking for bait and start fishing lures/flies around structure. Places with rocks and current will keep you busy fishing and catching instead of looking for bait. It isn't for everyone, but it is an option...