Forum Navigation

Search

Go Back   Reel-Time Forums > Fly Fishing Topics > Travel

Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Alappuzha, the Rice Bowl of Kerala

Kerala is known to have some of the best beaches, sanctuaries, backwater, landscapes etc. These places are often visited by tourists from around the world.

One of the exotic backwater sites in Kerala is Alappuzha or Alleppey, which is also known as the ‘Venice of the East’. It is one of the main destinations in [XXXXXXXAlappuzha is known for not only its beauty but also for its rich culture and heritage, boat race, beaches, marine products and the coir industry. The famous Nehru Trophy boat race is held in Alappuzha every year. There are a number of canals and bridges that are interlocked and add to the beauty of the place. Alappuzha is also known for its coir products that are very superior in quality. The diverse animal and bird life can make one speechless. Alappuzha is also known as the rice bowl of Kerala and is known for its greenery.

The famous Nehru Trophy boat race of Alappuzha is held in the months of August- September in the Punnamada Kayal. The place wears a vibrant and festive spirit during this period.

The famous two storied Krishnapuram Temple is a perfect example of a traditional and typical Kerala style of architecture. Gajendra Miksham, the largest mural painting, is displayed in a museum in this place. The Ambalapuzha Temple of Lord Krishna is also a famous example of temple architecture and culture. The famous Kerala payasam can be savoured in the months of March and April. Alappuzha has a number of other famous temples like Mullackal temple, Mannarasala Sree Nagaraja temple, Chettikulangara Bhagavathy temple and Kottamkulangara Mahavishnu temple. St Andrew’s church also has a lot of visitors during St. Sebastian feast.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned

Thanks for sharing!
We are trying to organize our honeymoon, so I think that could be really a great place!
If we decide to go there, I'll definitely will post my impressions here=)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 PM

Thumbs up

Alappuzha is most beautiful District of Kerala, It also well know as Alleppey! I appreciate this most useful information about Alappuzha for Rice Bowl of Kerala. I'm not must aware about it but It's wonderful Info
Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Dezeni and Silvia89 this is a fishing website, it is obvious that you do not belong here. Bye Bye.