Forum Navigation

Search

Old 04-21-2012, 10:22 AM

Kayak Fly Line

I recently developed a fly line for kayak anglers that will make your casting in a seat position much, much easier.
I asked our tournament contestants what they had the greatest difficulty with while throwing feathers from a kayak. The answer was almost 100% from the seated postion. They just could not get the distance they needed with out many back casts.
I developed the line to load your fly rod with one backcast and launch your fly 40 feet. After the math I got with Jim Teeny, our fly line sponsor and had him make it for us.
The finish is also super slick and stays that way. No more gummy line. It also has a welded loop on the leader end for quick leader changes.
The line is a powder blue on the fly end that changes into a high-vis orange after 50 feet.
Recently while down in the Everglades at our 10,000 Islands Classic I had a chance to do a little fishing. I was throwing 60 footers with one backcast.
Just slip out 20 feet of line, haul to the backcast and shoot. Simple!
The new line is now in production and you can take a look at it on our website on Monday. The Price? $70
http://www.KayakFishingClassicS.com