Forum Navigation

Search

Old 06-15-2017, 07:25 AM

Sebago ice out fishing cabins?

The urge to troll the mouth of the Songo during ice out just hit me. Since I'm now a resident of SW Fl. this rquires a bit of commitment. "I'm all in"
I have memories and photos of many trips there in the 70's & 80's however Its been some 30 years since my last trip.
Which brings me to my first snag in the planning. Back in the day, the group of guys that I'd trek up there with, all from the North Shore of Ma. would always try to stay at Quimbys Cabins by the mouth of the Songo. This spot abutted the waterfront tenting area of the State Park. Old man Quimby had rustic cabins, boats and bait available and you could beach your aluminum boat right up on the sand there.
My issue is... I can't find anything on the internet that advertises Quimby's Cabins. I got this bad feeling that it's no longer around.
If any Reel (old) Timers like myself have any knowledge of Quimbys? Please reply. Also I'll defer to any plan B suggestions if it's closed.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Does not seem to be much at the mouth except the state park which would be fine if your camping. There are cabins on Long Pond (Bayview, Fox Hollow) and on Sebago,